Web content writing training course
How to become an effective web copywriter and write effective online content - half day course.
This interactive course is designed for anyone who is involved in writing online content for websites or intranets. It is appropriate for organisations with dedicated web content authors and/or distributed authors who want a succinct course that covers the fundamentals of web content writing.
The course will cover:
- The key principles of effective website copywriting
- Understanding your target audience
- Online user behaviour
- Writing web content for the human mind
- How to present content and effectively communicate online
- Writing accessible content for people with disabilities
2013 dates and locations
In 2013, this course will run on demand in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide and Perth. Please contact us to register your interest.
Web content writing is also covered our 2 day Interaction Design training course.
| The Mill Hotel
239 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill QLD 4000
| Living Planit
109 Pitt St
Sydney NSW 2000
| The Jasper Hotel
489 Elizabeth Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Costs and registration
The cost for this half day course is $495 plus GST = $544.50 - Includes morning or afternoon tea and all course materials including examples and templates that you can use in your own organisation.
- Earlybird discount. Save 10% - Register 30 days prior to course commencement date to qualify, or
- Register 3 participants from the same organisation on the same course and the 4th person can attend for free, or
- Register the same person for more than one course and receive a 10% multiple course discount; or
- Returning student discount. 20% for any registered student who had previously attended one of our courses.
Register online today as our course numbers are strictly limited.
Who should attend
- Web content writers
- Web copywriters
- Content owners involved in creating web content for websites or intranets
- Product managers involved in writing content
- Online communications officers
- Executive assistants involved in writing content for their area
Module 1: Usability testing
- How writing for the online environment is different to writing for print.
- Principles of good web writing
Module 2: Understanding your target audience
- Why defining your audience is important to writing successful web copy
- Some quick user research techniques for understanding your users
Module 3: Online user behaviour
- Scan and skim
- Task-driven behaviour
- Mental models as a core concept to improving readability
- Jargon free intuitive labels for a simple hierarchy
Module 4: Designing content for the human mind
- How human cognition affects how users read content
- Understand how to improve readability by writing scannable text
Module 5: How to present content and effectively communicate online
- Understand how typography can affect readability
- Active not passive behaviour
- Banner blindness
Module 6: Writing accessible content
- Writing for older people, people with dyslexia and disabilities
Where to now?
- Read testimonials
- Usability testing training course
- Web usability training course
- Interaction design training course
For further information on this our any of our other courses, please contact us.