Interaction design training course
This 2 day course explores a range of tools, methods and interaction design principles relevant to websites, web applications, forms, intranets and mobile.
- Gain an insight into human characteristics and online behaviour based on the latest research and hundreds of usability tests with users, including video footage of usability test sessions.
- You will also learn the theory and principles of interaction design relevant to a range of interfaces.
- Learn methods you can use to involve users and ensure your interface meets user expectations.
- Learn how to engage difficult stakeholders and get their buy-in.
- How to design and test for mobile including mobile websites, responsive design and mobile apps.
2014 dates and locations
| 26-27 May
| 5-6 May
Courses in Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and other cities are run on demand. Please email us to register your interest.
| The Mill Hotel
239 Wickham Terrace
Spring Hill QLD 4000
| The Castlereagh Hotel
169 Castlereagh St
Sydney NSW 2000
43 Therry Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
Costs and registration
The cost for this 2 day course is $1495 plus GST = $1644.50 - includes lunch, refreshments and all course materials including examples and templates that you can use in your own organisation.
- Earlybird discount - save 10%. Register 30 days prior to the course commencement date to qualify, or
- 4th person free discount. Register 3 participants from the same organisation on the same course and the 4th person can attend for free, or
- Multiple course discount - save 10%. Register the same person for more than one of our training courses to qualify.
Register online today as our course numbers are strictly limited.
- Introduction to interaction design
- Online user behaviour & usability
- Writing effective content for the web
- Interface and presentation design principles
- User task analysis and interaction flow diagrams
- Using prototypes and usability testing
- Forms design
- Web application design fundamentals
- AJAX and Rich Internet Applications
- Mobile - design principles, prototyping and testing mobile
For more information see the detailed course outline.
Meet the trainer
Tania Lang is founder and principal of Peak Usability, a UX consultancy based in Brisbane which she founded in 2003. She is proud to be called a UX Geek, is passionate about user experience and has been known to conduct ethnographic studies of users reading poorly designed toilet direction signs at airports. Tania is also a highly regarded and experienced trainer having delivered UX training to over 700 participants both in Australia and Asia. She has also presented at several conferences including UX Australia and Designing for Mobility. Tania has personally designed all training courses and interactive exercises and enjoys seeing participants gain the skills and confidence to apply to their workplace.
Here is what past students say about Tania:
Tania is the only true usability expert that I have come across in my 15 year development career.
Richard Mellow - Rockend
Tania gave me the tools and the confidence to apply web usability where I work.
Matthew Fenwick - Attorney General's Department
What previous course attendees had to say
Fantastic workshop. Its a pity this isn't taught as part of mainstream web development courses. I believe this workshop should be compulsory professional development for all web developers and project managers.
Jeffrey White - Australian National Training Authority
Great refresher. I will definitely check out some of the references in the course workbook.
Phil Gifford - NPS
Read more testimonials from our past training course participants.
Who should attend
This 2 day training course is intended for anyone involved in designing user interfaces. It assumes a base level knowledge about web design and is designed for people who want a better understanding of how to create engaging online experiences. Including:
- Business analysts
- Usability specialists
- Interaction designers
- Project managers
- Graphic/Visual designers
- UX designers
- IT and web managers
Note, this is not a technical course and does not require any prior technical or web knowledge.Share this course by email
Where to now?
- Detailed course outline
- Usability and UX fundamentals training course
- Designing the mobile user experience (UX) training course
- Web content writing training course
- Usability testing training course
For further information on this or any of our other courses, please contact us.