Case study – go via
Queensland Motorways is a key provider in south-east Queensland's tolling industry.The go via website, launched in July 2009, is an important communication and transaction channel for motorists to pay their tolls.
To increase the number of online transactions and reduce the use of other traditional channels. To validate and seek solutions to address negative feedback from new and existing customers regarding the online customer experience.
What we did
- Conducted workshops with Contact Centre staff to identify customer insights, common enquiries and understand the main issues customers experienced using the site.
- Facilitated two focus groups with casual toll users and account holders to understand customer expectations and issues.
- Reviewed site statistics.
- Conducted usability testing of the go via website with customers and documented issues and recommendations.
- Facilitated card sorting sessions with customers to understand how they categorise information and content on the site.
- Designed, usability tested and iterated new information architecture.
- Redesigned key pages and forms including the home page and transaction pages.
Some of our easy to implement recommendations went live in January 2011 which resulted in:
- An increase in number of visits to the go via website
- A high take up of customers using the new functions available online and consequently a reduction in the number of calls received by the Contact Centre
At the end of the day, our customers are the only ones to decide if the project was a success or not.
Isabelle Dench - Product and Marketing Manager
Queensland Motorways is continually working to improve the usability of the go via website. It aims to make the website's navigation easier and add new functionality to the site.
Here are some customer comments received after the changes took effect:
Very happy with the easy to use website, easy access through tolls, love the automatic payment system and I have always found the staff to be kind, friendly and helpful.
Thank you all so much for making this complex and complicated world an easier place to live in.
Customer - 5/08/11
What a wonderfully easy and slick website! Well done!!
Customer - 23/3/11
It is refreshing to navigate this website and be able to update my details, top up my account with such ease. Well done go via.
Customer - 14/2/11